Impressionism is an art movement that belonged to 19th century and it got originated with the help of a group of Paris-based artist and got into prominence during 1870s and 1880s.
Impressionism paintings are characterized by very small, thin but visible strokes. In short, in impressionism the artists paint the images without going in detail but colors are very bold.
|Two sisters by Pierre-Auguste Renoir|
Some of them are:
- Edouard Manet (1832-1883)
- Claude Monet (1840-1926)
- Paul Cezanne (1839-1906)
- Gustave Caillebotte (1848-1926)
- Camille Pissarro (1830-1903)
- Pierre-Auguste Renoir (1841-1919)
- Alfred Sisley (1839-1899)
|Impressionist painting by Claude Monet|