MY NAME IS ALISA AND I AM 27 YEARS OLD. I WAS BORN IN MOSCOW AND ACTUALLY I LIVE IN QUITO (ECUADOR). I AM A PAINTER AND ILLUSTRATOR, WAS PAINTING SINCE I WAS A CHILD AND NOW I ALREADY HAD MY TWO OWN ART EXPOSITION IN QUITO.
Interview With "Alisa"
1) From where did you get inspiration for paintings and art?
- The forest. When I was a little girl, I read many fairy tales, above all, I loved the scandinavian legends. I read about mysterious spirits who lived in the forests, princesses locked in towers and strange creatures making company. Since then, every time I walk in the forest, I feel that I can understand the wind and I imagine millions of stories it could tell.
I'm also inspired in Picasso's life and artwork, and Klimt. I am not only influenced by their art, mostly by their personality.
2) What according to you is the current state of fine arts all around the world?
- I think the current state of art is: confusion, the artists are confused. Trends change so fast that people are concerned about obsolescence, persuaded by the most "trendy", forgetting his own essence.
I also believe that the word "artist" is impaired. Today, thanks to the many social networks and the Internet, everyone can be called an artist by posting photos on Instagram for example, and that degrades the meaning of the word "art" and confuses new generations.
3) Kindly share some words and tips for upcoming artists.
- The real artist must be in love with his art, must be obsessed by being even better, never stop learning and never stop working. In that way, the world will give them rewards.